Braddick Family

This forum is for any other discussions related to Luppit History, e.g. Luppitt church, the Luppitt tithemap, etc.
MikeBraddick

Braddick Family

Post by MikeBraddick » Thu May 16, 2013 12:12 pm

In researching my family history I have discovered that my second great grandmother was born in Luppitt about 1819. She married a Joseph Braddick who was born in Honiton in about 1816. I have a copy of their marriage cert and both had fathers who were named John but I am unable to get any further certified information about them and wondered if someone might be able to help. It is my intention to visit Devon this summer so any pointers would be welcome.
I am also intrigued as to how there came to be a feature near Luppitt called Braddicksknap Hill. Does anyone have any knowledge as to how it got it's name?
Mike Braddick

cliffy 102

Re: Braddick Family

Post by cliffy 102 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Hello Mike ,
My name is cliff braddick and my ancestors came from Luppitt and Honiton so we might be distant
relations .My line came from william braddick born in luppitt he married emma bird ,i think he
might have been a brother of your relations . Emma later moved up to London with her sons after
william died.
regards cliff braddick

MikeBraddick

Re: Braddick Family

Post by MikeBraddick » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi Cliff,
From the info you give, my 2nd Gt Grandmother, Elizabeth, was William's sister (Luppitt Family Trees - Braddick), so it looks like we could well be distantly related.

Elizabeth Braddick married Joseph Braddick in Luppitt in 1839 and sometime during the 1840's moved to County Durham with their son William (b. abt 1840).

Joseph's father was John Braddick (b. 1790 Colyton) and I am attempting to verify his ancestors. At the moment I have John's father as Joseph (b. 1763 Honiton)) and Joseph's father as another Joseph (b. 1723 Monkton). The only verification for these are the birth records which state the father's full name but only the mother's first name and not her maiden name. This is an on-going topic.
If you wish to discuss this further you can Email me direct at:
dmbraddick@yahoo.co.uk
as I check these more frequently.
Regards
Mike