Holiday cottage

This forum is for any other discussions related to Luppit History, e.g. Luppitt church, the Luppitt tithemap, etc.
lindyloo642000

Holiday cottage

Post by lindyloo642000 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:06 pm

I wonder if anyone can help this is very vague i know so i apologise in advance , as a family in the early 1970's we used to holiday in luppitt in a cottage that was on the land of a huge estate , i think the cottage used to be part of the estate used as living quaters for the staff who worked at the big mansion house that sat behind it , the only information i have is that a you came from Honiton you turned off up a little lane that was signposted Luppitt and before you came to the cottage on the right was first a farm then the gate to the big estate then next came the gate to the cottage all on the right hand side of the lane once you went through the gate of the cottage you had a really long drive up the drive until you came to the cottage . I have such lovely memories of these holidays and that cottage but i never ever knew the name of it . Hoping someone can help . Thanks linda hughes